Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Avent Day and Night disposable nursing pads review

When I purchased my new (for the third time) Avent manual breast pump in the box they included a sample nursing pad for their day amd night lines.

I usually use the Lansinoh disposable pads, have done so for a long time. I nursed my daughter for two years and am now nursing my newborn ( code name Jaguar).

I was excited to try them.  Since I've used the Lansinoh pads for so long and liked them I never would have purchased the Avent ones.  

Avent has one type of nursing pad for day use and another for night use.  The day one is thicker than the Lansinoh pads. These have the texture and feel of sanitary pads like the Always pads.  I didnt like the extra tough texture they felt unnecessarily thick.   The Avent pads felt like they would show through the shirt but they didnt despite the extra bulkiness.   They were effective at absorbing leakage and contained their form.  I wouldn't say the day Avent nursing pads were terrible but I wouldn't switch my current pads for these.

The night Avent pads were better than expected.   They were slightly bigger in diameter than the Lansinoh pads and still had that thicker feel to them like heavy flow sanitary pads but they too did not show through my t shirt. They absorbed any leakage overnight and staying in place with no problems.  They were comfortable and I would consider purchasing the night Avent pads for when Jaguar starts sleeping longer during the night and my body takes time to adjust to fewer night time feedings.


THE SCOPE ON AVENT NURSING PADS:

Both the day and the night Avent nursing pads come with an adhesive tape on the back to keep them in place.

Both were absorbant and held their shape.

Neither the day nor the night Avent pads snowed through the nursing bra. Once I put on a T shirt I could not see them.

Both have a bulky feel to them. Cotton on the side that goes on the skin but the outside appears like the back of a sanitary pad instead which I didn't like.

Overall I would say if you dont already have a preference or dont know which disposable nursing pads to use try these out. At the very least the night ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment