Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Wow 3 kids?!!! That's it right?!


As parents I think we all can agree that we become hyper sensitive to other peoples opinions.   We feel constantly judged on our parenting skills, approach and all other aspects of parenthood.  

When I had my first the pressure was on whether or not I was doing things the right way. After all the entire experience is new.  As a first time mom you worry if you are using the right lotions, the right diaper brand. You worry about everything.

Being a mother of 3 comes with its own unique sets of judgments and doubt.  Society looks at you differently.   I encountered a lot of comments such as "congratulations,  wow you guys kept real busy". A friend of my husband on his instagram actually posted a congratulations that ended by saying "take a break until the next one". Who does that?

Being a parent and especially being a mom is tough in our current society because some people don't know what neat little box to place you in.  Most of us are working moms, career women. Shouldnt you be focusing on your career and not on being a baby factory?  

I want to tell you there is nothing wrong with having more than one child. If you can provide for that child and provide them a safe environment to grow than it is no ones business how many you plan on having.

It is not OK and actually down right rude to tell a parent "that's it right, youre not planning
to have more right? ".

Surround yourself by kind people, stand up for yourself.  Dont let others doubts and insecurities be projected onto you and your family.

To the nay sayers in my life, I have three kids,  get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment